Power or Poison?

I found this picture somewhere in my social media exploring this week. I see the needles as something that could either be a power or a poison. Sometimes needles can give us powerful substances that immunize us against terrible diseases. Media can certainly empower us for good. 

Needles can also give us substances that poison our bodies with drugs. Addiction can play a huge part if these substances are abused. Likewise, when we abuse our media choices, we can become addicted and completely overcome by it. 
What do you think? How do you interpret it?


4 comments:

  1. That is so true. Like we like to say in the church, "everything in moderation". Social media can be great for keeping in touch with people, but it can also have so many harmful effects. There are definitely a lot of children who would benefit from less social media in their life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so interesting. Thank you for sharing this picture! At first, when I looked at this picture, I thought immediately that these social media mediums are metaphors for bad drugs that we can get addicted to. These can definitely be harmful and poisonous in a way if we let them. But I really like how you said it can be positive too like an immunization or shot that we need to be healthy. I immediately thought of it in a negative way, but it makes me feel better about it and makes me focus on the positive aspects of social media a little more when I choose to think about it in a positive way. This makes me want to continue looking at social media in a positive way. I hope to post more positive things to uplift others and I hope to look for the good in it in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This picture is super thought-provoking! I think we can all agree that media can be both poison and power, however, I think a lot of it depends on how much of it we consume. When someone is on a medication they cannot take a higher dosage than is prescribed or there could be serious side effects. It is the same with the media. When we take in too much of it, it usually does more harm than good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to keep your mind open and see this from a different angle. You make a valid point, makes me wonder what I'm using it for, power or poison. Thanks for the great insight.

    ReplyDelete