Facetime

Does anyone else ever wonder how people survived without Facetime or Skype? Maybe some people appreciate it more than others do, but if you have ever gone through a long distance relationship, I'm sure you are one that is thankful for this modern convenience. 

My fiance' (now husband) and I went the entire summer in different countries. He was in Canada, I was in Utah. Then I was in Bolivia, then Peru, then Illinois, then Missouri. No matter where I was, I could see him and he could see me. I just think it is so amazing that we have a tool that makes the world so much smaller. 

Being at school and away from family also makes me appreciate Facetime. Almost every Sunday my husband and I check in with our families and it's so fun to not only hear them but see them too. We both have just one sibling left at home and I think it helps them to feel more included when they get to see their siblings more than once every couple months.  

We are so lucky to live in this time! 


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so cool that you got to visit all of those different places this past summer! It's so amazing the technology we have these days to allow us to communicate so well with those we love. I'm so grateful that we don't have to rely on snail mail these days to hear back from someone, especially in a different country! It's so cool to be able to see who you are communicating with at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had the same experience this moth and i have definitely come to appreciate facetime so much more! My husband has been in Scotland all month for an intership and it has been so great to be able to facetime every day and actually get to see him. I have been thinking how lucky we are to have that kind of technology!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facetime is definitely a blessing and one of the better aspects of media. When I lived away from my family I would love to Facetime them and see how things have changed. One of my favorite pictures is a screen shot of my family on one end of Facetime and me on the other end. Even now, as I only live 30 minutes away from my family, I still use Facetime to catch up with the things that are going on.

    ReplyDelete